I am a professor in computer science at Saarland University. I am currently the chairman of the examination board. If you have questions regarding the examination regulations please come to my office hours on Wednesdays 3-4pm.
I am on the programme committees of CAV 2014 and ICE 2014, and on the editorial board of Acta Informatica. If you would like me to handle your Acta Informatica submission, please send me e-mail.
I am interested in computer systems and protocols that are reactive in nature: systems of concurrent processes that interact with each other and with their environment over a possibly infinite run. Parallelism and nondeterminism make it difficult to design such systems correctly. My research concerns computer-aided methods that derive implementations from formal specifications (synthesis) and that prove that a given implementation satisfies a logical property (verification).
- Checking Finite Traces using Alternating Automata. With Sriram Sankaranarayanan and Henny Sipma. FMSD 2004
- Collecting Statistics over Runtime Executions. With Henny Sipma. RV 2002
- Using Message Sequence Charts for Component-Based Formal Verification. With Ingolf Krüger. SAVCBS 2001.
- Checking Finite Traces using Alternating Automata. With Henny Sipma. RV 2001
- Language Containment Checking with Nondeterministic BDDs. TACAS 2001
- The `Cash-Point Service: A Verification Case Study Using STeP
With Anca Browne, Zohar Manna and Henny Sipma. FAC 2000.
- Verifying Temporal Properties of Reactive Systems: A STeP Tutorial.
With Nikolaj S. Bjørner, Anca Browne, Michael A. Colón, Zohar Manna, Henny B. Sipma and Tomás E. Uribe. FMSD 2000
- An Update on STeP: Deductive-Algorithmic Verification of Reactive Systems.
With Zohar Manna, Nikolaj S. Bjørner, Anca Browne, Michael A. Colón, Bernd Finkbeiner, Mark Pichora, Henny B. Sipma and Tomás E. Uribe. TOOLS 1999
- Abstraction and Modular Verification of Infinite-State Reactive Systems.
With Zohar Manna, Michael A. Colón, Henny B. Sipma and Tomás E. Uribe. RTSE 1998
- Deductive Verification of Modular Systems
With Zohar Manna and Henny B. Sipma. COMPOS 1997.